Close (x)

Mission & History

Mission

To inspire & enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring responsible citizens.

Local History

Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue was founded in 1952 with one Clubhouse in downtown Bellevue.  Since its inception the Club has provided the young people of our community with something they need and want most: a safe environment where adults respect and listen to them; a place where they can have fun.

In the mid-1970's The Bellevue Boys Club became one of the first Clubs in the country to offer programs for girls.  At this time, the Board of Directors officially changed the organization's name to Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue.  The national organization did not follow until 1990.

In the early 1990's the Club established the only dedicated Teen Center in the City of Bellevue.  This Teen Supreme Site was recognized nationally by Boys & Girls Clubs of America as one of the first dedicated Teen facilities in the country. 

Since 1995, the Club has expanded its programming to serve more than 7,500 registered members each year, with an additional 4,000 teens being served.  Through these members, the Club provides programs for more than half the school age population of Bellevue.

In 2005, in partnership with the City of Bellevue, the Club opened the South Bellevue Community Center.  Through this unique partnership the City of Bellevue and Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue have worked together to provide critical human services to families in South Bellevue.

The Club continued its partnership with the City of Bellevue by opening the Hidden Valley Fieldhouse in 2015 and the new Main Clubhouse in 2016.

Today

Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue currently operates 12 sites within the City of Bellevue including the Main Clubhouse in downtown Bellevue, 3 in Public Housing Sites, 3 in elementary schools, and 2 dedicated Teen Centers.

Be GREAT

1952

Bellevue Boys Club Opens

1953

Bellevue incorporates as a City

1978

The Club adds girls to the Mission

1990

The Club opens dedicated Teen Center

1995-2000

East Bellevue expansion with Clubs in schools, public housing complexes

2005

South Bellevue Community Center opens in partnership with City.

2011

Crossroads Community Center Clubhouse opens.

2012

The Club Teen Center opens, focused  on technology & drop-out prevention

2015

Hidden Valley Fieldhouse Opens

2016

New Main Clubhouse Opens