My name is Seth Dostart and I am the Teen Center Director. I have been part of the fabric of teen programming on the Eastside for almost 30 years. I was a youth participant at the Club’s Teen Center Ground Zero when it opened in 1993. The 90s in the Seattle area was a special time and place to be part of. Music was exploding all around us as grunge literally took over the world. The Club found a way to harness that energy and provided concerts every Friday and Saturday night for close to 25 years to teens that could not experience live music anywhere else. I started working for the Club as the Music Assistant and became the Music Director. I had that position for close to two years and then moved on to become the Director. I went on to run two of the three teen centers on the eastside and eventually I found my way back to the Boys and Girls Club of Bellevue. I believe in imagination and I feel that it is important to allow youth to experience new things and explore their imagination. I take pride in identifying those experiences and with the help of my amazing team those experiences spark imagination and create change for the youth we serve.
Be a role model
Did You Know?
- The #1 reason kids say the like to come to the Club is because of the staff!
- We asked parents to use one word that best describes the Club. The most common answers: fun, awesome and safe!
- Currently there are 11 Club Staff that are former Club members!
- Each year, staff receive more than 100 hours of training to ensure they are the best of the best!
- The average tenure for
full-time Club Staff is 6 years!
- More than 35% of our staff are involved in national and state efforts to support kids!
- Club Staff create a culture of creativity and innovation to provide the best possible programs.
- The daily efforts of Boys & Girls Club Staff have literally saved lives.