Leaders in Training Program
Our Clubs are seeking energetic and responsible high school volunteers to assist our staff as summer camp volunteers. The Leaders in Training program is a great opportunity to fulfill service hours required for graduation, gain professional experience for future employment and have fun enaging with youth! By participating in this program teens will also have the opportunity to practice various job readiness and leadership skills.
This program is open to teens entering 10-12 grades. Registration is by the week and is offered at several Club locations. Student leaders are required to attend the training offered the week prior to their session. Trainings will be held each Wednesday at 5:30pm at our Downtown Club (209 100th Ave NE, 98004). If you may have a schedule conflict, please reach out to to the below Club contact. Training is only mandatory once per summer.
Registration will open online on March 2nd.
Please select your preferred volunteer location when you register. Leaders in Training are expected to commit to the entire week of service.
Each teen participating in Leaders in Training program must have a current Club Membership ($27.00), valid through their last day of camp.
All Club locations are closed on Friday, July 3.
Please bring a sack lunch each day.
Facts about the Club
- The Club was one of the first Clubs in the country to include girls!
- The Club gives over $1,000,000 in scholarships to deserving kids each year!
- We own and run the City's only Teen Center serving over 5,000 teens annually!
- The Club runs one of the largest athletic programs in the country!
- 100% of the students in The Club's Be Great: Graduate! program are progressing at grade level!
- Bellevue runs independently from Boys & Girls Clubs of King County with a separate BGCA Charter!
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue continues to be a national leader in the innovation of technology programming for kids!