Select Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue sites are open for fun, safe, and enriching summer and full-day fall programs. July 31 Press Release Fall Programs
Upcoming Club Closure: All Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue sites will be closed Monday, August 24-Monday September 7. During this temporary closure of all sites, time will be spent sanitizing sites, training staff, and preparing for fall programming.
Summer Programs began on Monday, June 22.
For more information about summer programming and hours click here.
What sites are open for the Fall?
1. Downtown Club
2. Spiritwood Manor
3. Lake Hills Clubhouse
What steps are you taking to protect Club members and staff?
We are following guidelines from Governor Inslee’s office, King County Board of Health, and Bellevue SchoolDistrict. We are taking extra precaution with sanitizing and cleaning procedures, following Public Health Guidance for Childcares, and closely monitoring sites to reduce risk including:
- Face coverings required for all youth and staff
- Mandatory staff and child temperature check and COVID-19 screening questionnaire before entry; if any symptoms or a temperature over 100.4 degrees are present they are sent home and encouraged to contact their primary care physician and/or self-quarantine for the appropriate amount of time
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up for all youth
- Hand-washing upon arrival, before meals & snacks, and through-out transitions during the day; Hand sanitizer is also available throughout the Club
- A detailed three-step cleaning process which includes, cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting throughout the day
- No more than one staff person and nine children in one group; Groups act as cohorts for an entire week and are never combined
- Maintaining social distancing with a six-foot radius between individuals. All tables, chairs, and furniture are spaced six feet apart.
- Individualized supply kits for each youth; shared items are sanitized after each use
What about Athletics?
All athletic programs are postponed until further notice. We are in close contact with Governor Inslee’s Office, Bellevue School District, and the King County Board of Health, Department of Children, Youth, and Families to provide support for work families who need childcare. We currently have no evidence of the virus in our Clubs.
How can the community help?
Donate critical funds at www.bgcbelleve.org/donate
Support Clubs with cleaning supplies (wipes, cleaning sprays, paper towels, masks, gloves, etc.)
Provide grocery store gift cards for our families
Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue's daily schedule is subject to change on short notice given the rapidly changing circumstances in response to this public health crisis. We will make decisions about Club operations on a day-to-day basis. As always, we continue to rely on government officials at the city, state, and federal levels to guide our decisions as we navigate this crisis in our community.
As part of our COVID-19 (coronavirus) response, we will be sending regular email updates with information and updating www.bgcbellevue.org. We want to express our appreciation for the patience of our BGCB community as we work through the challenges COVID-19 has presented us.