Kristin Haustveit is the Special Events Director at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue, and has been with the organization since 2008. Kristin began as a Program Staff for Project Learn at Stevenson Elementary, before she shortly stepped into the role as the Site Director at Stevenson and later moving to the newly rebuilt, Eastside Terrace. Kristin found to have the biggest impact during her time working with the drop-out prevention program, BE GREAT! Graduate, located at our Teen Center in Lake Hills. She found working closely with Bellevue School District as well as other community programs a wonderful experience and very important in the academic success of the youth we serve. Special Events have always held a special place in Kristin’s heart, she even describes our annual Auction as ‘magical’ making her very excited for her newest adventure at Boys & Girls Club as the Special Events Director.
Kristin and her fiancé recently purchased a house in their hometown and began the journey of puppy parenthood, welcoming their Labrador Retriever, Lola to their family in December 2018. In their spare time, you can find the three of them enjoy the outdoors, attending and watching all Seattle sports teams and traveling internationally as much as possible- oh, and planning their October 2019 wedding!
Be a role model
Did You Know?
- The #1 reason kids say the like to come to the Club is because of the staff!
- We asked parents to use one word that best describes the Club. The most common answers: fun, awesome and safe!
- Currently there are 11 Club Staff that are former Club members!
- Each year, staff receive more than 100 hours of training to ensure they are the best of the best!
- The average tenure for
full-time Club Staff is 6 years!
- More than 35% of our staff are involved in national and state efforts to support kids!
- Club Staff create a culture of creativity and innovation to provide the best possible programs.
- The daily efforts of Boys & Girls Club Staff have literally saved lives.